Virginia Weida Designs LLC is a women-owned commercial interior design company based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. A Certified Interior Designer, Certified Facility Manager, and LEED Accredited Professional, Virginia Weida is quick to credit her educational experience at Cornell University with providing the tools for success in the Design and Facilities Management fields. A workplace design expert, she started her own consulting practice in June 2006 and has over 25 years of interior design experience. Virginia has also been an adjunct professor for interior design education at La Roche College and Chatham University since 2004, and can speak on many design-related topics.
Current professional presentation topics are listed below. Additional topics are available by request. If you are interested in having Virginia speak to your organization, please Contact Us
Choosing colors is a big part of our daily lives, whether you love it or if you find it terribly stressful! From selecting colors to paint our walls (both home and office), to accent pillows, to our own wardrobe, refreshing our knowledge of color theory basics will give you confidence to make color decisions. Learn the science behind why some colors look so good together and how to begin to assemble a color palette for your next project, along with interior color trend forecasts for this year.
Adjunct Faculty Experience
- Fall 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, & 2012 – IDSN 4041 Business Practices for Interior Designers
- Spring 2008 & 2007 – ID441 Business Practices for Interior Designers
- Fall 2007 & 2006 – ID111 Interior Design Graphics 1 (one section each)
- Spring 2005 – FM310 Workplace Planning and Specifications
- Fall 2004 – ID111 Interior Design Graphics 1 (Section 4)
Chatham College, Pittsburgh, PA
- Fall 2007 – IAR230/530 Color and Textiles